Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blank screen after boot and windows logo  (Read 4628 times)

Ale Kid

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    Blank screen after boot and windows logo
    « on: September 15, 2017, 01:54:23 AM »
    I was playing a video game, when it crashed and my computer lagged, and i couldn't do anything, so I held down the power button to turn it off. When I restarted, it showed the Dell startup, the windows logo, then just a blank screen. I have now restarted many times, and occasionally, the mouse shows up. Putting it in safe mode was very difficult (my computer boots quickly), and it didn't seem to do anything.

Please explain how to do things thoroughly (most of what I know is from experimentation, but I don't want to mess anything up), and I would like to keep the data that I have.

I am using Windows 10, 16 GB RAM, Dell XPS 8300.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Blank screen after boot and windows logo
    « Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 05:34:58 AM »
    Do you have the factory restore/repair media set for this computer to boot from and perform a repair installation which would keep your data and repair windows?

Ale Kid

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 06:13:56 PM »
      No, I don't think so. Where might I find this?

Do you mean to reinstall windows?

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 03:27:03 PM »
      Yes to reinstall or repair windows. If you dont have this media then you will need to contact DELL and have serial # ready and have then send you this system recovery media. If under warranty they will mail it free if warranty is up they charge a fee for this.

RedKpălărie

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 06:53:11 AM »
        I was playing a video game, when it crashed and my computer lagged, and i couldn't do anything, so I held down the power button to turn it off. When I restarted, it showed the Dell startup, the windows logo, then just a blank screen. I have now restarted many times, and occasionally, the mouse shows up. Putting it in safe mode was very difficult (my computer boots quickly), and it didn't seem to do anything.

Please explain how to do things thoroughly (most of what I know is from experimentation, but I don't want to mess anything up), and I would like to keep the data that I have.

I am using Windows 10, 16 GB RAM, Dell XPS 8300.

Go to the windows website and use your serial key for windows to download windows 10 to a usb drive. You have rapid boot enabled. Go into the bios, enable boot from USB and disable rapid boot. Try repairing the OS. IF it does not boot, disconnect the optical drive. If yuo are able to get inot windows, enter the power settings and turn off selective disbale for USB, and any power saving features for all hardware.