Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: stop code error c000021a....grrrrrr  (Read 4072 times)

moto

stop code error c000021a....grrrrrr
« on: December 12, 2005, 03:59:28 PM »
short history: I have recently installed SP2 on a windows XP computer and also set it up for a home network, I am not sure which one (if any) caused the problem.  

It worked fine last after I did both of these, but when I went on the computer this morning, it displayed a message that said, "shutting down" and after it shut down, I could never boot windows back up.  It goes into a loop where it turns on, displays a message saying something like error during logon process, fatal error c000021a.

I cannot boot it in safe mode or from the CD.  I can get into restore mode from the CD but don't know what to do from there.

any suggestions?

GX1_Man

Re: stop code error c000021a....grrrrrr
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 06:31:26 PM »
try going to www.google.com and type in c000021a and press enter.

You'll get lots of hits like this one:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xpehelp/html/xeconc0000034objectnamenotfound.asp

and it takes about 1 second. You should try it!

moto

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 05:37:08 PM »
Obviously that is the very first thing we tried, thank you for the wonderful idea - none of the posted things online worked as described

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 07:02:18 PM »
Sorry, most people here do not even try to google for an answer. What do you think the problem is, and what did you try that did not work?

Mac

Stop code error c000021a....grrrrrr
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 12:53:00 PM »
Can you load the Recovery Console and run - chkdsk /r - ?

moto

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 04:53:14 PM »
The problem is fixed.  The computer finally read the system restore disk, and I reinstalled windows.  The odd thing is, after reinstalling, all of the old program files remain on the system.  I have done this process several times on different computers, and have never seen this happen.  I deleted the old windows system folder (except for some temp files that wouldn't go away), and removed the old system from the boot file, but the program files from the old system still remain.  I am afraid that some of the adwire files are still on the system.  Does anyone know a quick way to remove these, or why they would still be there?

Thanks everyone for your help!

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 05:17:36 PM »
You have to boot with the Win98  boot disk and type in

format c:/u/s

After that reinstall Windows. You will have a clean system

You just installed over the top of your problems that time.