Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What to change?  (Read 2122 times)

Fuzcake

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    What to change?
    « on: October 26, 2017, 04:01:20 PM »
    Hello, I recently got a computer, which runs excellent on first person shooters like battlefield and other games like war thunder etc. But I really like to play large-scale games, like cities skylines and total war games, which don't run nearly as well. I am thinking about upgrading my PC, but I don't know what to get to make bigger games run better. I have a AMD Athlon 5350 APU with Radeon R3 processor thingy and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB graphics card, as well as 8GB ram, so what should I change to make big games run better? Thanks!

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: What to change?
    « Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 06:05:05 AM »
    Entire motherboard swap needed. The Socket AM1 is meant or lightweight gaming. Its a bottleneck to that video card.

Your looking at a motherboard replacement and CPU replacement. You might be able to use your DDR3 RAM in the new board if you stick to one that supports DDR3. All other components can be reused. I'd suggest a Socket AM3+ Motherboard and a 95 watt TDP Quadcore CPU or better. This will allow you to have the processing power you need combined with that good gaming video card you already have. Your probably looking at spending around $130 for CPU/Motherboard combo or more depending on which board you go with and CPU.

Fuzcake

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: What to change?
      « Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 02:47:43 PM »
      I see, thank you.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes