Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC restarting after upgrading, when i try to game/use gpu.  (Read 2241 times)

noodles_lover

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    PC restarting after upgrading, when i try to game/use gpu.
    « on: November 13, 2017, 04:55:17 AM »
    Hey there! Can anyone help me?

**CPU** | [AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor]
    **Motherboard** | [ASRock - AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard]
    **Memory** | [Crucial - Ballistix Tactical 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory]
    **Memory** | [Crucial - Ballistix Tactical 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory]
    **Storage** | [Kingston - A400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    **Storage** | [Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive]
    **Video Card** | [PowerColor - Radeon R9 280X 3GB TurboDuo Video Card]
    **Case** | [Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case]
    **Power Supply** | [Cooler Master - 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply]
    **Operating System** | [Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit

Here's the situation: I have just upgraded my rig, and the only pieces that aren't new are the PSU and the GPU. They were workin really fine before upgrading everything else (and formatting). The problem here is: Everytime i try to launch anything that needs my GPU, the pc restarts. Games (Wolfenstein,Overwatch,TERA) and stresstests (furmark) I tried AMD driver 17.7.1 , and the latest one (as of 11.13.2017) (always uninstalling the drivers via DDU on safemode) . Already checked the CPU, the RAM Memory, the PSU, the SSD and the HDD. Everything is working fine. Already took off the GPU, cleaned connectors with rubbing alcohol, put it back in. I mean,everything GPU related was working fine before the massive change on the other pieces, and now it seems that the GPU itself is causing those reboots. One thing i noticed in HWMonitor is that the frequency is really low (300MHz/150MHz) . Checked the temps, and they're fine. Pc literally restarts like 1 second after demading more of the GPU, so no temperature problem.
    Can anyone help? thanks!!
     :-X

noodles_lover

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: PC restarting after upgrading, when i try to game/use gpu.
      « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 06:11:41 AM »
      EDIT: On device manager, some components appear with a exclamation mark: https://imgur.com/UUOyKP4

neilg

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 06:36:35 AM »
      Hey,

I've been glancing at your mobo manual.. http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/AB350M.pdf

What changes have you made in the BIOS? For instance have you been overclocking this PC?

Is the BIOS up to date or is there a firmware update available?

If I were you I would reset the BIOS to factory defaults and see if the GPU is still giving you problems & you're still seeing PCI errors in device manager

If there are firmware updates for the BIOS I would not apply them until after you do the factory reset

Can't guarantee this will work but it's what I would do

bacon buttie

Rookie
        • Yes
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 06:54:15 AM »
      Did you re-install ALL the motherboard drivers after the format ?   
      What version of windows were you running before the format ?
      Have you got the drivers disc supplied with the GPU ? if so, try them drivers.
      Does the motherboard have windows 10 drivers available ( check at the motherboard makers web site) If so, download and install them.
      You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

I would list all my equipment, but I fear I will be burgled.

It said "To begin, please boot your computer". I now have a broken toe !!!!!.