Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Procomp BIW1M / BIW2M Ver 1.2 motherboard  (Read 8032 times)

rgrut

Procomp BIW1M / BIW2M Ver 1.2 motherboard
« on: December 14, 2005, 09:54:31 AM »
Hi all! Sometimes I wonder if these old computers are worth the effort. I am in dire need of drivers, manual etc for a Procomp (CompUSA Home Series) BIW1M / BIW2M Ver 1.2  socket 370 motherboard. CompUSA only points me to a webpage that is not there anymore. I hate to scrap this motherboard for lack of drivers etc. I have tried everything I know of including Driverguide.com which leads me to the same page as CompUSA. The main problem I am having right now is a black square instead of a cursor, in safe mode the cursor works normally. Thanks for any help, Ronnie.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Procomp BIW1M / BIW2M Ver 1.2 motherboard
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 10:56:35 AM »
The only luck i had was all foriegn sites/forums...and the Google translator is choking on itself today.
Have you tried just removing the mouse in Control Panel and re-booting ? ? This will allow Windows to install the generic MS mouse drivers and eliminate the cursor problem.

What other errors do you have that would need MBoard drivers for ?
I'm like you as well i refuse to let an old machine die if i can help it.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Spedz

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 11:13:20 AM »
Well, if you need drivers, this (hopefully) translated page could help, find it ...Here
Patio, this might be one that you looked at, though i can translate it...

Ronnie Rutledge

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 03:51:26 PM »
All I can find at any of these sites is BIOS updates, thanks guys...RGR

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 09:57:06 PM »
Did you try the fix for the mouse ?

Ronnie Rutledge

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 05:21:15 AM »
Yes, no luck yet although yesterday for a short period of time it worked right. I took out a sound card that I had added when the onboard sound quit, (have no sound now) the cursor acted normal for a short time.  I changed the CPU from 600Mhz to an 800, made a few changes and before I knew it, the black square was back. I don't know why. I need a manual to be able to check all the jumper settings etc. thanks ...rgrut

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 11:00:03 AM »
The black square can only be from 2 things...the mouse driver itself or a video problem.
Cheapest experiment purchase a new mouse with drivers and try that.
2nd fix explore the video card route...borrow a known good card and swap yours out or check that your video drivers are up to date.

Ronnie Rutledge

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 11:08:51 AM »
The video is onboard, with no AGP slot and I have no pci video card, that's why I need the drivers for the motherboard. Maybe I'll just scrap the board and start form scratch but another socket 370 MB costs as much as a newer socket MB. Is it worth it? I have about 5 socket 370 CPU's ranging from 600 celeron to 800 Plll and no MB's. Thanks...rgrut.