Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My acer gd245hq monitor wont turn on  (Read 3285 times)

keldoggo

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    My acer gd245hq monitor wont turn on
    « on: December 02, 2017, 04:54:53 AM »
    my monitor wouldn't turn on a week ago after a power outage , after a day i plugged it back in and it worked for another 5 days , yesterday i turned it off and removed the plug, now ot does the same thing, when i plug it in the screen goes a bit darker but no sign of power even on the power button even tho windows recognises it (makes sound) . I opened it up and looked at the power supply but all seems fine and the capacitors look in great shape (not buffed at all). What can be the problem? ???

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: My acer gd245hq monitor wont turn on
    « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 08:07:56 AM »
    A display that was stressed by a brown out or surge as part of the power outage could be damaged and you where fortunate to get 5 extra days out of it vs being dead on the day of the problem. Looks like a new display is needed. If you have an extra display available to test with you could isolate it better to the display itself as the problem. If computer has HDMI output to connect to a TV or you have a TV with VGA input and it has a VGA output you could try connecting computer to the TV and see that the display shows fine on the TV etc, then know for certain that the monitor is the problem and not video cable or video card etc. Its most likely a dead display.

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: My acer gd245hq monitor wont turn on
    « Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 03:44:30 PM »
    what's the age of the monitor?
    make and model?  (some have the default 12 months but others have 3 years)
    under warranty still?  or extended warranty when you purchased it?