Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 10 instqllation  (Read 3078 times)

Noman

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Windows 10 instqllation
    « on: December 09, 2017, 10:24:29 PM »
    Hi, I want to install windows 10 on my pc 2 gb ram ,80 gb hard disk but on installation it is showing windows cannot find microsoft software liscence terms. What is the possible solution for this. I am trying to install from a cd.
    Previously i was using windows 7, but on startup it keep ahowing "disk read error press bla bla bla to restart. Where could be the problem, plz help

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows 10 instqllation
    « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 11:18:44 PM »
    Windows 10 does not fit on a CD. Perhasp you mean DVD.
    The DVD reader drive  might be dirty.
    The DVD itself might have fingerprints or other grime that prevents perfedt reading.
    Look this over:
    https://www.computerhope.com/cleaning.htm
    Go down to tha part about cleaning the disc surface with a cleaning kit or damp clean cotton cloth. Take care not to scratch the surfaxe of the disc.
    You  can make the cloth damp with a litle bit of water. A small bit of alcohol can help remove stuborn dirt.

You can also clean a bad disc with toothpaste, but first try just the damp cloth. The toothkpaste method is extreme and has to be done very crefully.
    To restore a damaged CD, apply a dot of non-gel formulat toothpaste to a cotton cloth and rub in a straight line from the center of the CD outward, covering any scratches. Rinse off the toothpaste with water.
    https://www.wikihow.com/Repair-a-CD-With-Toothpaste
    The method is good for either CD or DVD disds.

Noman

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 12:42:54 AM »
      Thanks for your rply. I have cleaned my dvd and after that when start ton install,it is just sticking in windows 10 logo and not moving forward with the circle beneath logo keep moving. What to do now

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 06:57:05 AM »
      Is this a legal Windows installation CD? Do you have a valid legal license?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      « Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 10:46:46 AM »
      fOR ANYBODY THE NEEDS A FRESH COPY OF wINDOWS 10 FROM mICROSFT
      For anyone who wants a fresh legal copy of Windows 10 from Microsft.
      How to download a Windows 10 ISO file
      Helpful article by Melissa Riofrio, Executive Editor, PCWorld | Jun 7, 2017.
      Everyone should know how to reinstall Windows 10, because you never know when a random mishap or malware will render your PC helpless. Put a copy of Windows 10 on an optical disc as an ISO file, or on a USB key drive, and you'll be ready if your PC needs to start over.
      Assuming you have a legitimate Windows 10 license, start by going to Microsoft's Windows 10 download site...
      You may want to try again with a fresh copy on a USB stick. You will need a good 8 or 16 GB USB flash drive.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 11:01:03 AM »
      Tacking on to Salmon Trout's post, is this an original retail CD or a copy?

Noman

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 08:25:35 AM »
        This is valid dvd and i have serial key on it also.
        I just want to ask u that  was able to install it but now os is booting. I tried windows 7 then, it booted the time i installed it, but not thereafter. Sometimes sticking at windows logo, sometime giving errors that some hardware or software change might be the problem, and tried to chkdsk it simply dont start.
        Could it be a hard disk issue, if so how to check it.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        « Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 10:03:18 AM »
        Noman,
        To do diagnostics you might need some more tools.
        A. You need either another PC that works
        or
        B. A good spare hard drive. Even a 20 GB can be used for testing.

Ifit were me, I would take a good sparee samll hard drive and do a full install of Windows 10 on the spare hard drive. I would make notes of what steps I took and note if some hardware did not install right.
        From my own experience, there are some things I  can not use untill I  get the basic install finished, My HP printer interfereces with USB things untill I get Windows installed. My second monitor does not work right untill I finish the install.

Also, the add-in video card might not work right unill yoou first get Windows fully installed. And it is very annohying whne Windows wants to do an update before you finihe and fully test the instalation. So I  force auto-update off untill I get all the base install finished.

In general, I have have good results from buhying used cheap small hard drives from reputable eBay vendors For testing purpose, you don't need a brand new hard drive, in my opinion. In takes me less time to do a new fresh install rather tahn try to fix  a system taht does not repair itself.

Maybe this could be of some help.   :)

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 12:13:50 PM »
        If chkdsk won't run your HDD is likely dead...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Salmon Trout

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 02:09:23 PM »
        If chkdsk won't run your HDD is likely dead...
        The most likely explanation, given all the symptoms.