Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: error on page  problems  (Read 4965 times)

robert bolger

error on page  problems
« on: August 03, 2004, 04:44:14 AM »
hi hope you guys can help me
I have a new (PC)computer with XP and IE
I have a CD ROM of a text book which I used on my old PC which loads a base program on the computer and than uses IE to search the CD and display the chapters etc I dont know the proper name but Im sure you know what I mean
But when I click on a chapter to view nothing happens and I get "error on page" at the bar on the bottom of the page, seems the program will not read info from the CD
thanks for the help and sorry for the beginners description

Raptor

Re: error on page  problems
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 04:49:17 AM »
I believe the name you are referring to is 'Folders'

Here is a list of words that may help you better express yourself: Operating System Definitions

I donot quite understand the problem, your CD has to be read by using Internet Explorer? Why can you not open it by using Windows Explorer or My Computer?

I have never heard of a program such as that, could you perhaps show us the name?

A different browser may be the answer for you:
Mozilla Firefox

j_t_r

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 06:10:07 AM »
I believe the name you are referring to is 'Folders'

Well done! Raptor, that is the start, instead of starting.............But he doesn't reffering to 'folder', he is reffering to "hyper links" or "action button". He wants to naviagate via internet explorer (browser), that means he has to click a link in that page, and this page could be in form of HTML (hyper text mark up language)  or fla (flash), or even txt (text). My sussgestion to you is, if you know the name of the file you should just start by browsing a cd itself  i.e D:\*.* (you do by searching that file from a cd). Other probelem could be that file file your looking for is invalid, not copied properly to the CD. That is why you got that error msg. What was the errorr msg you got it again? is just cant read from CD or cant locate that particular file?

PS. LET US KNOW

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 12:44:19 PM »
    robert bolger.....Try....click on ..start , then select ....My computer .......then select your cd drive and with your cd in the drive right click and choose explore......you should be able to look at any file thats on the disk and then right click on the file and choose open with what ever program you wish.

let us know how you make out
    Cheers
    dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.