Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft greetings 2001 error  (Read 3608 times)

janice123

Microsoft greetings 2001 error
« on: January 02, 2006, 11:25:32 AM »
I have microsoft greetings 2001.  I keep getting an error every time I try to pring a project.  I was told that it was a printer problem.  I have a hp.  I downloaded the upgrades.  Now new problem.  I have win98.  Well really I have gotten 2 errord

Kernel 32. dll at 017f: bff7b9a6
and
Mfc42.dll at 017f:5f401a7a

Does anyone have a clue as to what this is and how do I correct it.  I don't know very much about  the computer soI probably will need a lot of help.

I have already been to Microsoft for help but can't find this problem.

Thanks for all the help you can give me.

GX1_Man

Re: Microsoft greetings 2001 error
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 11:48:31 AM »
these are essential Windows files that may have been altered by a virus or otherwise damaged.

What operating system? If XP is it compatible with this product?

What adware/spyware/virus scanners are in regular use on this computer?

Do you know how to download and copy files, if needed?

Has it always been this way or what happened? i.e. was it fine before you installed the HP printer?

janice123

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 01:54:39 PM »
I have windows 98 and it is compatible.  I have had the program for quite a while but only used it to make cards.  Now I want to use it for other things by putting some of my pictures on a sheet and then making a tic tac toe game.  I can bring up the pictures and get the board ready but when I go to print  - every time I get this error.

I don't think I know how to download.  I know how to go the control panel but don't know how to put  the download in a certain place.

I don't think I have a virus.

Jan

janice123

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 01:56:33 PM »
I forgot to tell you I have Norton anti virus

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 03:00:23 PM »
I would suggest uninstalling you printer software, then rebooting and reinstalling it. The two files you mentioned are essential Windows files, but I suspect the HP software overwrote them incorrectly. You didn't say if the printer was a new addition, but I am guessing that it is.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 03:00:59 PM by GX1_Man »

janice123

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 08:15:10 PM »
My printer is not new, I have had it a couple of years.  

If I redo my printer will I have to do the upgrades again also?

Jan

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 08:30:31 PM »
Yes, because it will completely uninstall it.

janice123

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 01:26:45 PM »
I did as you suggested. Uninstalled the hp printer., reinstalled it and downloaded the up grade.  Same results - error when I go to print in microsoft greetings.  I think that I have to throw it away!!

I got a newsoftware cd - Scrapbooks Plus - by ideasoft - can be used with win98 - any suggestions about loading it onto mycomputer so that I won't get any errors?