Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ASUS Keyboard jam  (Read 3452 times)

Hasohnir

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    ASUS Keyboard jam
    « on: December 22, 2017, 03:42:01 AM »
    Hi everyone,

I've recently purchased an ASUS GL702VM ROG Strix laptop (just 2 weeks ago) and it's been working fine until this morning. Now one of the keys does not respond properly (the number 1 key in this case). Whenever I click it, it produces a long string of 1s (like what you'd expect if you hold down a key). If I hold it down, nothing happens. Sometimes it begins typing a string of 1s all on its own (but seems to stop after you insistently hold down backspace). From what I can tell, it's the only button with a problem.

I'd like to point out that I've been very careful with this laptop - haven't spilled anything on it, didn't get any crumbs onto the keyboard. In appearance the key is perfectly fine - feels fine as well. To try resolving the issue I've run a virus scan (all clean), restarted the laptop and attempted to update and uninstall the keyboard drivers (nothing!)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!111111111111111111111111111111111111111 1111111111111111111

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: ASUS Keyboard jam
    « Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 09:25:14 AM »
    I would return it immediately under warranty...demand a replacement...not a repair. That is well within your rights.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Hasohnir

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 09:55:18 AM »
      That would be a last resort, of course. If there is a way to fix it then I'd greatly prefer it though, as it would save me a lot of trouble. So I'd like to explore my options before giving up on it

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 10:06:32 AM »
      The option i mentioned is your best course of action...
      What if you fix it...and the issue re-surfaces 6 days out of Warranty ...which is common for PC's...what then ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mark.

Adviser
      • Forum Regular
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 02:45:29 PM »
      sounds like a hardware problem, so a hardware solution would be required, that is, a replacement.

Quantos

Guru
      • Veni, Vidi, Vici
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 11:16:00 PM »
      You should really pay attention to what Patio said, you paid for a working laptop, use the warranty that you paid for
      Evil is an exact science.