Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dell 15 5558 shuts down itself  (Read 2560 times)

nicco123

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Dell 15 5558 shuts down itself
    « on: December 24, 2017, 02:33:43 AM »
    Well, I did not used this laptop for a few months, and last day my desktop had a problem with freezing so I was doing memtest and turn on this laptop.

I reinstalled chrome as it asks to, very old version could not update, some glitch happened with no sound after reinstalling, restart fixed it.

I played some documentary on youtube, me and cousin were watching, and laptop suddenly goes of after around 1h of watching.
    It was same like eletricity went of, and light in front goes white.

Turned it back on, everything works, no any watchdog, bsod log, just event log about unexpected shut down.

Same laptop had this before, when it was 2 monthss old, I sent it back and they said they exchanged mobo as it was faulty.
    Now, exact the same thing occurs, at least occured once, but I know it will repeat, something probably is not right, and I am out of warranty, now laptop is 13 months old, actually 6 because firts i bought lenovo and returned to shop...long story, anyway im out of warranty and cant send it back.

Whats funny thing, dell diagnostic found zero problems, prime95 for hour running on cpu, nothing, fumark stressed it to 75c, nothing.
    I ve left ram to test, but im of thoughts its not either, and it could be that mobo serie is just a bad one.

I scanned hdd with hdtunes trial pro also, nothing, all clean green ones.

Laptop is always on charger, and battery is always inside it.

What do you think could be a problem, if its not overheating, and all the check i mentioned above.
    Could it be a mobo again, even new one, its maybe just 3-4 times turned on?

Even if i have warranty, im not sure i would sent it back, because for same problem it was returned once.
    And i know how this problem goes, sometimes in day turns off 5 times, sometimes wont turn off for week or so.

update:right now im running memtest86

Assassinguy2623

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Dell 15 5558 shuts down itself
      « Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 05:30:47 AM »
      Appears like you are having a power issue, try making sure the battery is clipped in properly if it is, try testing a new battery. If none of these work it could be a lose connection inside the laptop maybe due to a lot of wear and tear or dropping it?