Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: links in outlook express  (Read 1836 times)

hannahz

links in outlook express
« on: December 17, 2005, 06:51:54 AM »
I am unable to access any email links sent to me. When I click on the link, it does nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

GX1_Man

Re: links in outlook express
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 09:57:48 AM »
Did it ever work? What happened prior to this?

Mac

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 07:25:21 AM »
Which Browser are you using? Check to see if it is set to default.

In OE Tools, Options check this setting...

And see if you have a setting that blocks HTML

hannahz

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 11:00:32 AM »
It used to work. I suspect it has something to do with my McAfee firewall. Although I realize it is important to have a secure computer, sometimes it is really a hassle. I had been tinkering with security settings trying to gain access to a specific website that gave me an error no matter what I did. I am able to access this site via another computer, so I know it is a problem with my computer. I have changed so many things, I am not sure what it is now. I went into Microsoft help and found a troubleshooting question for my specific problem. Unfortunately, what it said to do didn't help. (re-registering the urlmon.dll file) Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to register for an online service which requires clicking on an email link to complete my registration. Thanks, Steph

hannahz

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 11:08:21 AM »
I went to OE options---security. the only 2 boxes that are checked are Internet zone(less secure...) and warn me when other applications try to send mail as me. I also talked to comcast and mcafee. I had another firewall problem that was preventing internet access. When I asked them about the problem with email links, they said it was a problem with an OE setting. Thanks again, Steph