Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Not seeing captions for photo files I copied today from Picasa to a flash drive  (Read 2604 times)

jod6cindy

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    I am an author who is currently working on a photo book that will be distributed worldwide. I bought a flash drive and copied all the photos for the book from Picasa (where I had stored all the photo files in folders) to the flash drive this morning, however, while all the photos transferred properly, I don't see the captions that I had placed under the photos in Picasa. I am very concerned about this and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they think they are there (and I just don't see them), or if they think they didn't transfer with the photos. I would appreciate any suggestions or advice that anyone can give me on this. Thanks very much.
    John

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    If the File Format doesn't support adding extra information, Picasa will save the caption information within an INI file in a configuration file, indexed by the path and filename.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.