Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Freeware Top 10s  (Read 2494 times)

Sinkhan

Freeware Top 10s
« on: December 18, 2005, 07:35:44 AM »
Now you read this and might say, "Where's the firewall" or "Where's the ACTUAL stuff?" Well, it just so happens that I run Windows 98 with 64 RAM and a 533Mhz Intel Celeron Processor. So that kinda limits my capabilities to use certain programs, or multiple programs at once. Now these are just programs that I've bothered to use, and have to say, they're amazing. Firewalls just haven't been good for me, and personally, I've never needed one. I just "layer" my defences. Running AVG for viruses, Ad-Aware for spyware, A-squared for trojans, dialers and worms, and bazooka to find the rest. I also keep Anti-Vir, Avast!, and spybot installers, and every now and then, install them, update, scan, and then uninstall.

1. AVG and Ad-Aware

2. Avast!

3. Bazooka Scanner

4. WinPatrol

5. Bruce's Unusual Typing Tutor

6. ZipGenius

7. Game Maker 6

8.  The GIMP

9. Bazooka Scanner

10. A-squared.

So what's your list of Freeware top 10s?

Raptor

Re: Freeware Top 10s
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 08:35:39 AM »
  • Mozilla Firefox
  • Mozilla Thunderbird
  • AVG Free (Irrelevant if Firefox is combined with Common Sense (©))
  • Adaware SE (Irrelevant if Firefox is combined with Common Sense (©)))
  • ZoneAlarm (Program control. Use a hardware firewall)
  • Irfanview
  • Teamspeak 2.
  • Bit Tornado (Free Warez for everyone!) Once again, Common Sense (©) is required.

Note that many people lack Common Sense (©). It is best to stop using computers if you lack Common Sense (©)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 08:36:44 AM by Raptor »