Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Word Won't Open When Internet connection  (Read 4118 times)

Pavel Rosicky

Microsoft Word Won't Open When Internet connection
« on: December 18, 2005, 01:31:47 PM »
Ok, I'm using Microsoft Office with Microsoft Word 2003.  I downloaded some soccer clips off the internet the other day and now, Word will only open when I am not connected to the internet.  Occasionally, when on the internet, I can open Word but only in safe mode.  When trying to open word, it only gets the a certain point and then stops loading.  CTRL ALT DEL shows that under processes, WINWORD.exe is there but it is not under Applications.  Excel and all other parts of Office work fine.  If anybody can shed any light on this problem, please do.  Thanks

GX1_Man

Re: Microsoft Word Won't Open When Internet connec
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 02:06:20 PM »
Spyware/adware/antivirus in place and being used? Has anything else changed?

Pavel Rosicky

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 03:24:01 PM »
everything is in place, norton antivirus checked through with no results ie no viruses, spyware, etc.  Ran Symantec and it showed nothing as well.  Nothing else has changed.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 09:50:55 AM »
Have you attempted a repair install of Office 2003 ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Pavel Rosicky

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 10:49:51 AM »
No, not yet.  I've been searching the internet finding related problems but nothing quite the same as mine and most have complained that installing office again does not help the problem.  I changed the template of word from Normal.dot to normal.old and that allows me to bring up word now but my computer is still slow.

Pavel Rosicky

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 10:51:39 AM »
No, not yet.  I've been searching the internet finding related problems but nothing quite the same as mine and most have complained that installing office again does not help the problem.  I changed the template of word from Normal.dot to normal.old and that allows me to bring up word now but my computer is still slow.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 12:02:34 PM »
    Pavel Rosicky... When you D/L the soccer vid clip .....what did you save it as ...and where did you save it ........ ( have you tried deleting it and see if the issue goes away ?) It almost sounds like the vid clip might have been infected with something .  Have you scanned for viruses and or trojans ? ....if not I would be inclined to do so now.

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 12:04:55 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.