Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: odd working laptop after installing disk drive back in  (Read 1896 times)

CarNev

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    odd working laptop after installing disk drive back in
    « on: February 13, 2018, 10:07:50 PM »
    My laptop stopped working for a while. Since i needed a document from that same laptop i took out the internal hard drive and put it on an external hard drive case and connected it to another pc so that i could retrieve said document. I fixed the old lap top that wouldn't turn on (some cables ripped, easy fix) and installed the old hard drive i had connected to the external hard drive case. But after i turned on my pc it seemed to not work right since a lot of files i had no access to, my desktop image changed, it was a bit clunkier, couldn't access the windows menu (neither by clicking the windows keyboard or clicking om the windows button on the desktop), and just lots of things wouldnt work right. I'm thinking it could be a problem with the disk drive access. What could be the problem?

Please Help

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: odd working laptop after installing disk drive back in
    « Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 09:23:10 AM »
    The other system if it touched the drive in a way that altered it, it could have caused the problem ( or ) the system files were already corrupted yet because not important for external drive access that is why you were able to get your files using other computer, yet have issues when it went back into original computer.

I'd suggest using the recovery media that you should have for this computer and perform a repair installation. This will keep your data intact while repairing broken windows components.

The drive could still be defective, but you might have just a OS issue being corrupt on that drive.