Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Which of the 3 pc here is best?  (Read 3499 times)

Giga2

Which of the 3 pc here is best?
« on: August 03, 2004, 11:34:21 AM »
Sorry if this doesn't belong here.

www.ibuypower.com

1) Which of the weakly specials is the best buy/ best for its price or you personally would choose?

2) It comes built right?

3) About the OS, it says its window xp home, does that mean it comes with an os cd or a recovery cd or what?

The weekly specials looks very promising and I want one =)

Raptor

Re: Which of the 3 pc here is best?Ib
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 12:55:37 PM »
Rather than having us do your homework, E-mail support of Ibuypower and do your research on the net. Use a search machine to indentify and learn about the different parts.

To be honest, I would never order a computer that is allready built. I would prefer to have a choice when it comes to individual components or even attempt to built one myself.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 12:57:17 PM by Raptor »

robertmillar

Re: Which of the 3 pc here is best?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 01:33:21 PM »
Depends on your personal preference.

I would choose the Pentium.  Athlone processors have a reputation for overheating.

If it says XP home it means that it comes with an OS probably installed.  This could be a Genuine XP CD or a Recovery CD with a licence.  It is more common these days to find the latter

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 02:36:26 PM »
find an independant pc builder forgot hp/*censored* dell etc...have one built to do what you want it to do ...imhao

Giga2

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 12:39:23 PM »
I would build my own but:

1) I dont know how to
2) Iy would end up costing more, especially for the OS

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 12:43:01 PM »
1) Is no reason.
2) At least you will have a proper OS rather than a so called 'recovery' disk

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 01:23:17 PM »
    Giga2......This may come as a shock, but if you build one yourself you can save 100's of dollars and you get what you want.....even a proper operating system as opposed to the restore/rescue crap.
    If you want to get a better idea of the cost .....check out ... http://www.tigerdirect.com ( in the USA) or
    http://www.tigerdirect.ca/indexca.asp?SRCCODE=TIGERUS&CMP=IL22454 ( in Canada)

hope this helps
    dl65  ???
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 01:24:25 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

merlin_2

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 02:07:05 PM »

Giga2

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2004, 10:54:38 PM »
    Hmmm, I think the specials are pretty good priced tho no? They have space for upgrade and It should be equal if not less if you get it piece by piece.

Also, how hard is it for a beginner to build a new pc? I notice that many people DONT buy there os, and instead use others.

I was wondering if this cd that came with my dads laptop that is labled:

Operating System CD, Distrubted with New Pcs only, can I use that and install it on a non-formatted hd?

Raptor

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 04:53:34 AM »
    And block your fathers keyword? I am sure he would appreciate that. I know Microsoft would.

Unless, ofcourse, it is not Windows or it is an illegal copy. I seriously suggest you get a legal Operating System, they are much more stable from what I have seen.

Giga2

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2004, 10:21:47 AM »
    Well, this is what I customized so far:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=2000110&topic=15522997

I'm gonna have to get my money tree to grow $89 ;-.-;

merlin_2

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2004, 06:42:23 PM »
    if you are going to have the best of the bunch go for wixp/pro os ...or go for an  apple mac os