Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: videocard and driver problem  (Read 4654 times)

hurricane_alley

videocard and driver problem
« on: January 10, 2006, 02:04:38 PM »
I placed a computer game CD (Panzer Codename: Phase One) into my drive.  DVD drive (E:) did not show any files, nor would it download the game because of no files.  Next I networked with my other computer which could download the game.  I attempted to get the game from the other 'puter.  Got the following message: error message "Fatal Error SViewport::Choose Depth Stencil Format:  No available Depth-Stencil Format were found."
Can anyone help me on either problem.  I know the software is good.  I have MS 2000 XP professional.  I have had problems downloading files from my other computer to the new one with same problem - drive shows no files.
Thanks for any help.
Jim

Windows98

Apprentice

• Proud user of Windows 98 and Windows 98 SE
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: videocard and driver problem
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 02:11:27 PM »
are the CD stroe copy or are they downloaded then burn to the CD?

If they are store copy do other CD work on the other CD drive?

If they are downloaded:

- Did you copy and paste them on the CD?

Are they ISO images like winarar archive or did you extract them like a folder?

If yes: Copy and pasting doesnt nessarly mean they are on the CD just on a temp folder waiting to be burn:

If no:
- What program do you use to burn the CD?

Other options: Have you tried transfering the files through a network? When you transfer over a network they have to be copy and paste only not cut and paste. Are they the same OS? does it work on one computer or both computer?

Whats the video card and driver problem?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 02:15:11 PM by Windows98 »

GX1_Man

Re: videocard and driver problem
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 05:03:32 PM »
Try the manufacturer's web site to see if this is a known error, if there is an update, etc.

If it is not a legal copy, though, I wouldn't bother.  ;)