Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound Card/Drivers??? plz help  (Read 3342 times)

Typical Blonde

Sound Card/Drivers??? plz help
« on: August 03, 2004, 12:19:07 PM »
So heres my problem...The sound on my computer has gone...I've checked my speakers and they are working fine...So I thought that it might have something to do with my sound card...Well I told some one about this and they said that maybe I need to download the correct driver for my sound card...Well where do I download a driver from?...I think I have found out what type of sound card I have but the thing is I dont have a clue what to do next seems as I dont hardly know anything about computers...I also dont know if this information is correct or not so i would be very thankful if i could have some help  

Sound card: Unimodem Half Duplex Audio Device

I'm running XP Pro...If this information is any help at all

:-[

Raptor

Re: Sound Card/Drivers??? plz help
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 12:33:47 PM »
Use Google to search for the drivers.

Copy the exact name of your soundcard into the search box.

This URL should suffice: Drivers

I donot know if they are the latest drivers for your soundcard. I suggest you search for the manufacturers website.

If you can not find the correct drivers, see if you still have the CD that came with your soundcard.

But,  Unless you have formatted your harddisk or removed your soundcard drivers, it should not stop generating sound. What have you done before this error occured?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 12:35:54 PM by Raptor »

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 02:33:24 PM »

MalikTous

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 08:18:06 PM »
The 'unimodem half duplex audio device' is not a sound card. It is your voice modem's ability to function as a speaker or headset phone.

Open the box and remove and examine your sound card. It may be an ESS Audiodrive, Ensonique, SoundBlaster, Crystal, Acer/AOpen, Turtle Beach, MediaVision, or Analog Devices unit. Copy down the model number and chipset number, and use a search tool or drivers site to locate drivers for that model. When you have suitable drivers, use Control panel, Install new hardware to get the card back running in the PC.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 08:19:19 PM by MalikTous »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 08:49:36 PM »
    Typical Blonde......Before you start tearing apart your pc.....lol why don't you go to ...... http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
    click on scan for updates and let it do its thing.....when finished look over to the left and if you see any drivers
    you will see DRIVERS    ( # ) ....This may just save you some time ....because if the scan sees your sound card and no drivers it may offer them for download.
    Windows XP has a whack of drivers built into it.
    Good luck
    dl65  ???
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 08:50:43 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.