Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cash??  (Read 3347 times)

Irisman

cash??
« on: August 03, 2004, 10:57:26 PM »
hi,
how can i know the amount of cash on my pc
e.g.fullcash..etc..is it the L2 or L1 that determines the
amount of my cash or both??and what is the maximum amount of cash??..

thanks in advance..

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: cash??
    « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 01:21:54 AM »
    Irisman.......Wow....L cant ever find cash in my pc ....however there is something called "cache" ......you will have to find out what your motherboard is and then you can see what the cache is .......L1 cache , I believe is the memory built into the processor on the motherboard and I think is small  usually about 8 , 16 or 32 kb .......possibly even higher it depends on the processor......L2 cache is higher it may be 128 , 256 , 512 kb or higher again depending on the processor. For example ....the pc I'm using right now is a p3 500 and it has a L1 cache of 32 and a L2 cache of 512 ........This has nothing to do with the amount of Ram installed ....
    There is a nice little program which you can download (for free)which will tell you how much cache you have as well as my other useful things about your p/c ie temp. , various voltages , speed of your fans etc.
    Go to http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3846.html
    download PC Wizard 2004 V 1.6 release 2
    It will tell you how much ram you have installed , what kind , which sockets they are in etc.

hope this helps
    dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Addy

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 03:52:24 AM »
    The cache you mean is always on the processor, not on the motherboard.

johnwill

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 07:30:12 AM »
    I use Everest Home Edition: http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en for such status checks, naturally free. :)