Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New Mustek scanner..need help!!!  (Read 2261 times)

KellyT

New Mustek scanner..need help!!!
« on: December 26, 2005, 12:34:56 PM »
HELP!!

I've recieved a new Mustek 1248UB scanner for xmas, gotta say I've never heard of the make before..it was off my Grandad!!  
Anyways I've installed everything for it and the programme to use it in 'Ulead' is installed too.

When I click on 'acquire' then scanner...I get the message up saying the scanner isn't connected.....but it is!!!  

Also it keeps flashing up a message to do with 'TWAIN' which I don't have a clue what the TWAIN is?!?!?!

Please, any help given will be gratefully recieved..as I don't wanna have to give it back...It may be me not doing something right!?  ???

Cheers Kelly

GX1_Man

Re: New Mustek scanner..need help!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 04:54:05 PM »
It's probably not installed right. There is a certain sequesnce to do it. Is your version of Windows compatible with it? Read all the installation instructions carefully!

royphil345

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 10:55:17 PM »
For that model, you have to install  the .exe file on the disk. Also, after restarting the computer, you should have been asked where to locate driver files on the disk. First try searching for them automatically on the drive where the installation disk is located. Then install them. If that doesn't work (driver not found), select "don't search" "have disk" and manually browse for the driver files on the installation disk.

If you messed up on this last step (sounds like you may have hit the wrong button or something), you can go into my computer / change a setting / performance and maintenance / system / hardware / device manager. Find your scanner (it may have a yellow exclamation point next to it), right-click on it and select "uninstall". Restart the computer and you'll have another chance to find and install those driver files.

During the installation a box may pop up stating that the driver isn't digitally signed or something. Don't sweat it, just select ok continue anyway...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 10:59:05 PM by royphil345 »

KellyT

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 06:10:57 AM »
Thanx to you both for your help!!  After a long morning of fiddling and farting around i've cracked it!!!  ;D

Cheers again
Kelly

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 08:37:17 AM »
Thanis for posting back. WHat was the secret to your success?