Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Boot Problem  (Read 1841 times)

ehoward677

Boot Problem
« on: December 28, 2005, 06:43:44 PM »
I have an IBM Thinkpad T20 that was running Windows XP and PhoenixBios 4.0. The problem is, on startup the computer runs its normal memory and hardware check, but then cannot progress farther than that. It gives the option to enter setup or choose another boot option, but if you enter either one of those it simply says "entering setup" and does not progress. 1 time out of a hundred it will load all the way up. I tried to format and reinstall, but the problem remained even when the operating system was not there. I have also tried removing the battery and ram to make sure they weren't jarred lose or something, and I have tried two different hard drives to make sure that wasn't the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ehoward677

Re: Boot Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 07:29:37 PM »
I saw on another foruma guy had a similar problem, and he replaced the cmoss battery to fix it. Does this sound like a viable solution. (The other forum post was two years old, and came up on google)