Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse lag after driver update  (Read 2688 times)

frza45

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Mouse lag after driver update
    « on: May 29, 2018, 02:04:49 PM »
    (I ended up just doing a restore point, and it worked, sorry for inconvenience)

Hello! So I just got a new keyboard and I decided to update my drivers with driver boost while I was doing new stuff on my pc. After it installed my 5 drivers that were out of date I restarted and now I am having bad mouse lag! I cannot remember what all it installed but I remember 2 - realtek sound and amd graphics drivers. I have tried most of this stuff, except the LAN thing, on this site: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-mouse-pointer-lags-or-freezes-in-windows-10/ - it seems like it would be my rx 580 graphics driver to me, I have the latest driver for it now, I think thats what broke my pc, how can I install my previous one? I have tried rollback in windows 10.

I hope I can get some help about this as it has rendered my new pc practically unusable.

Thanks in advance!

my pc: CPU - intel 8700k
    graphics card - amd RX 580
    Running windows 10
    « Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 03:13:16 PM by frza45 »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Mouse lag after driver update
    « Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 05:09:17 PM »
    Driver boost is garbage... un-install it.
    Then go to Device manager and uninstall the keyboard rite clikkin it...Then re-boot.

If the keyboard came with a driver disc install them and re-boot.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Mouse lag after driver update
    « Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 05:17:06 PM »
    Driver boost is garbage... un-install it.
    +1I'm yet to see, hear or read about any of those 'driver update' programs that actually get it right.
    at best - they always seem to make things worse.and usually - they are simply tools to spread malware.
    you are far better just waiting on driver updates to come through the normal Windows Updates process.or if you are in the need for some particular update, manually get it from the manufacturers website yourself.