Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to switch to my other Win10 accounts w/out signing out?  (Read 14097 times)

drpeppercan

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Experience: Experienced
    How to switch to my other Win10 accounts w/out signing out?
    « on: February 08, 2019, 07:45:42 AM »
    I was working at home using a corporate account. Ever since it was installed I was no longer able to switch to my other personal accounts. I removed that account already, but I still cannot switch without signing out first.
    I went through every setting in the Accounts page, but I couldn't find anything that would address this issue.

Thanks guys!

DPC

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: How to switch to my other Win10 accounts w/out signing out?
    « Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 07:57:53 AM »
    So an IT Guru at your work Joined your personal computer to their corporate network and messed with group policy and now you want your system to be set back to home computer config as you had prior?

The IT Guru for the company should be able to address this for you. There may be a reason why group policy was configured to disallow this.

Easiest fix if this no longer is to be used for work is to use the system recovery media or restore the system to a earlier date before IT guru altered it rolling back to old config if available. You might find that you need to backup your personal data that you dont want to lose to an external drive or cloud storage and then install the OS clean to fix this the right way quickly.

I am assuming this is Windows 10 Professional Edition?

drpeppercan

Topic Starter

Beginner
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 09:45:57 AM »
      Thank you for sharing Dave :)
      I was hoping it would just be just a matter of doing a simple setting's adjustment.
      Fortunately I do have restoring back ups with Clonezilla and Macrium Reflect.
      But I rather use them for something more important. I can put up with not being able to switch accounts without closing them. I guess one benefit is that each account will have more undivided ram resources this way (?).

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 01:30:55 PM »
      I guess one benefit is that each account will have more undivided ram resources this way (?).

The system would run better not having to hold cached sessions of other users for switched-user states. However the performance difference is fairly small most of the time unless you have programs open that hold onto memory such as Firefox Browser running a game in a cached session and other tabs to where it starts to consume RAM and Virtual Memory which will slow down other users.

cwayneu

Greenhorn
      • Retirement is Sweet
        • My MySpace
      « Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 08:08:58 PM »
      If you have other valid accounts set up, you can just do a Control-ALT-Delete to get a popup menu. One of the options is "switch user", then select (click on) the list that shows up on the lower left of the screen.
      Wayne