Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: screen adjustment  (Read 3062 times)

veshing

screen adjustment
« on: December 28, 2005, 10:04:05 PM »
I was given a notebook computer but it has major lcd issues.  The screen is cracked, so half of the screens display is lost behind it.  I want some type of freeware or open source program that will allow me to move my display to any spot I need.  Any resution.  The video drivers offer no option to adjust screen postion.  Thank you for your help.

Dell4700

Re: screen adjustment
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 10:44:12 PM »
Please provide some basic info about your laptop.  Model, operating system, etc. to avoid a lot of guesswork on our part.

Have you considered using a separate monitor/display and disabling your broken display?

Dell

veshing

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 10:58:21 PM »
Please provide some basic info about your laptop.  Model, operating system, etc. to avoid a lot of guesswork on our part.

Have you considered using a separate monitor/display and disabling your broken display?

Dell

It is a Toshiba Satellite M35X-S149.  Its running Windows xp home.  The video chipset is Intel.

I have hooked it up to a monitor and it worked perfectly, but im trying to find a soultion for when I'm away from home.

Tadracket

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 06:45:44 AM »
So you basically want to shrink the viewable image down to a size that can be dragged to what little bit of screen you have left. Is that it?

Michael

Adviser
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 06:53:12 AM »
    You just need to "restore" the displayed windows to any size you want, as simple as that, isn't it?

veshing

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 01:45:35 PM »
    So you basically want to shrink the viewable image down to a size that can be dragged to what little bit of screen you have left. Is that it?

Exactly.

Tadracket

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 08:52:56 AM »
    I have done some searching and experimenting and have found no solution to your problem. Maybe someone else has some ideas.

veshing

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 09:07:52 AM »
    I have done some searching and experimenting and have found no solution to your problem. Maybe someone else has some ideas.

Thank you for looking.  I hope someone else can find a solutioin. Heres a picture of the damage: http://tinypic.com/jg1lwj.jpg
    « Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 10:54:13 AM by veshing »