Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Upgrading Memory  (Read 2390 times)

johnyKBR

Upgrading Memory
« on: January 07, 2006, 08:41:18 PM »
I have a Sony PC-RS210.  I want to upgrade the ram which is two slots with 256 apiece to 2 with 512.  Issue is that the Sony site says it must be is DDR pc2100.  I am curious if I could put in DDR pc3200 in it or would the computer/motherboard not recognize that speed?

Thanks for the help guys!

GX1_Man

Re: Upgrading Memory
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 08:47:58 PM »
RAM will default to the slowest speed present.

That being said,m all RAM is not thje same, and there is more to compatibility than speed.

www.crucial.com to see exactly what you need. Guaranteed compatible, and lifetime guarantee.

Some people just go there and buy elsewhere, but it's got to be an exact match, and there will be no compatibility guarantee. What are you going to do with memory that doesn't work if you got it elsewhere?

johnyKBR

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 08:52:47 PM »
Well, I would just like to increase the memory of my comp period and I found a good deal on the DDR pc3200.  If my computer would run it at at least the same speed as my pc2100 then it would be worth the buy.  Otherwise I would just return it or spend more on the 2100.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 09:10:14 PM »
Just remember there is more to compatibility than the numbers you are focusing on....It may work.