Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: TV-In  (Read 3223 times)

Addy

TV-In
« on: August 05, 2004, 12:09:37 PM »
Hi!

What hardware do I need to get a video signal from e.g. a video recorder (Scart) into my computer?
To send a video signal from my computer to my TV, I use an S-Video cable which is connected to an S-Video-to-Scart-adapter (and it works!  ;) ). Now this adapter has a switch "Input/Output", so it should be possible not just to send, but also to recieve a video signal from the video recorder.
Do I need a special card or can I connect the S-Video cable to the TV-Out of my graphic card (as I do for watching videos from the computer on TV)?

johnwill

Re: TV-In
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 02:29:37 PM »
You need a video capture card or module (USB connected).  I don't know what a S-Video-to-Scart-adapter is, can you describe that?

Addy

Re: TV-In
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 12:37:43 AM »
An S-Video-to-Scart-adapter has on one side an S-Video- (for the picture) and two Cinch-connectors (for the sound) and on the other side a Scart-connector (which is plugged into the TV or the video recorder).
If you want to watch your computer screen on your TV, you take an S-Video cable, plug one end into the TV-Out of your graphic card and the other end into the adapter. Then you take this adapter, switch it to "Input", and plug it into the TV.