Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: trouble with dvd/cd rewriter  (Read 2648 times)

abbj324

trouble with dvd/cd rewriter
« on: January 02, 2006, 09:07:58 AM »
hi there , please can any one help me out ???

i have been offered a hp computer built in with a dvd rom  and dvd/cd rewriter. i can read dvds or cds frm dvd rom drive but frm the dvd/cd rewriter i can only read dvds and it does not recognise any CD or even burning cd/dvd frm it.
i have checkd the driver, seems to be ok but when comes to burning it does not recognise the black cd or dvds nor reading cd.
please , I'm really stck don't know what to do next....

thanks , yr help will be much appreciated

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: trouble with dvd/cd rewriter
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 09:54:52 AM »
Which operating system are you using? Have you tried updating the drivers from the DRIVE manufacturer's website?

Flame

abbj324

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 12:56:31 PM »
I am using windows xp home edition, i already tried to up date it but iz running d current highest version. i also tried  to uninstall the drivers and then re-boot it for window to re-instal it automatically but no success still, remains the same . also tried d drive out frm another pc, it seems to be ok... but m stuck don't know what to do nxt.
thakns

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 02:16:36 PM »
Are the drives jumpered correctly - one as master and the other as slave? Did it used to work and just quit working? Is either of these drives a new addition to that system?

abbj324

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 02:25:07 PM »
yes they r correctly jumpered, master-slave, i'm not sure if it used to work or not coz i got it frm a friend but i believe that it never worked coz he had use of it. and they are not new addition to the system. they were originally built in.
thanks

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 02:30:05 PM »
Sometimes the optics system just dies, but the light will come on and the drive will open and close, which is the mechanical system. If it is > 3 months old (and it is probably much more) you may just need to head on over to newegg.com - Less than $40 to solve the problem.

abbj324

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 02:35:27 PM »
well, i believe that the drive is ok bcos i tried it out @ another PC and it worked but just not working in the original PC, which i don't know either the problem comes frm the configuration or what , i cant use my brain any more
thanks

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 02:54:18 PM »
Good luck with your brain.