Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Major monitor resolution and colour issue  (Read 1043 times)

jamesbrilliant14

Major monitor resolution and colour issue
« on: January 02, 2006, 12:32:03 PM »
Ok, here's the problem. I have a standard Dell Plug and Play monitor which has been running fine for 3 years now. My graphics card is a PNY Verto GeForce FX 5200 (128mb).

I turn on my PC this morning to see a bubble on the taskbar saying my resolution and colour quality are all very low. The resolution has gone down to 640x480 and the colour quality is 4 bit. I can change it back to 800x600 (4bit), but when i try to change either the colour quality on ANY resolution, or put the resolution higher than 800x600, and then click 'apply', the screen turns black for a second or two, and nothing has changed. I still get the little box saying "your desktop has been reconfigured" etc etc. but nothing has changed! im still left with 640x480 on 4 bit quality, and hardly any decent games or applications can run on that!

im very grateful for any help. [email protected]
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 12:32:22 PM by jamesbrilliant14 »

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Major monitor resolution and colour issue
    « Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 01:42:07 PM »
    Download & install the latest video drivers from the manufacturer's website.

GX1_Man

• Mastermind

• Because beige is beautiful !!!
      Re: Major monitor resolution and colour issue
      « Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 02:10:38 PM »
      Here's a link. Just fill in the blanks:

http://nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
      Please post as much information about your computer, operating system, and problem as possible, what happened prior to problems, etc. Too much info is OK, too little is pointless! Don't just say "My computer doesn't work. What's wrong?"