Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Repetitive IE Script Error  (Read 3500 times)

cloust

Repetitive IE Script Error
« on: January 04, 2006, 11:27:54 AM »
First time posting. I receive a repeating IE script error when I search for music on Windows Media Player 10. This script error just started yesterday. I have a PC with Windows XP.
The error is as follows and happens when I do a search for music on the media player.
IE Script Error
Line : 2
Char: 62
Error: Blocked referrer is undefined
URL: http:music.msn.com/search/all

I have gone into IE under options and then advanced. I have ticked the boxes related to script debugging and unticked the notification about every error....any suggestions? This is most annoying.
Thanks for anyone with advice.

Roofvogel

Re: Repetitive IE Script Error
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 11:36:42 AM »
Reset the Advanced settings tab to default.

Also make certain that you have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed.

cloust

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 12:22:35 PM »
Thanks for the reply Roofvogel but it did not work. I did as you suggested and continue to get the error. I do have the most current IE browser. I always update my computer (its automatic) and take great pains to make sure it is safe (firewall, virus scanner, etc.).
I find this an absolute puzzler. Any other ideas?  

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 12:56:46 PM »
    cloust.... What happens if you open WMP ....and click on Library ........does it not give you a list of music you have on file ?

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Roofvogel

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 01:10:53 PM »
    Try clearing your temporary, history and cookie folders.

cloust

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 12:52:16 AM »
    dl65: yes, the info is there. It happens only when I connect to the online msn music store. I then get the script and click "yes", I want to continue. I continue to get the script no matter what I do or what I click, as long as the online music store is going.
    Clearing out temp files, cookies, history and so on does not deter this annoying message. I do appreciate everyone's imput into this puzzle.