Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help! Laptop won't start  (Read 5164 times)

1blacklab

Help! Laptop won't start
« on: January 04, 2006, 12:01:20 PM »
Help! I have a Toshiba Sattelite Pro 6100. I push the power button to start it up, the front panel lights flash green for a split second, and then the front panel power light flashes on and off amber. THats all it will do, no fans, no noise, and I have to remove the battery to get the flashing amber light to stop. Pushing the power button while the amber light is flashing, does nothing. Its not the power supply, as it charges the battery and happens while using the power supply or internal battery. Any ideas at all? I've read a few similar topics and it sounds like the motherboard or HDD, but I don't want to start replacing things that aren't needed.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 12:02:27 PM by 1blacklab »

GX1_Man

Re: Help! Laptop won't start
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 12:03:31 PM »
How old is the machine and most importantly what happened prior to this? Are you he only possible user of this machine?

1blacklab

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 12:35:38 PM »
Not sure of the age, but its a P4 1.8 with XP. There was a previous owner. Not sure about previous history, since this is how I received it.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 01:04:54 PM »
Maybe this is the reason it was sold? How long have you had it and do you have a lot invested in it?

Roofvogel

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 01:06:06 PM »
Battery may be dead. Does it power up when you leave it on net power?

1blacklab

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 01:41:48 PM »
a few hundred invested in it, not much. Would calling the Toshiba tech line help at all? Any suggestions as to what it might be?

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 01:43:50 PM »
Sure, call the tech line, check their web site, and user support forums for an answer. did you just get it? Did it ever work correctly?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 01:44:27 PM by GX1_Man »