Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: [HELP] PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMPIN" REPEATEDLY [HELP!!]  (Read 7579 times)

Tricksta

[HELP] PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMPIN" REPEATEDLY [HELP!!]
« on: January 05, 2006, 01:39:30 AM »
I DON"T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. I got woken up at 2 in the monrin'.... to have my cousin tellin' me my comupter doesn't work... doesn't wanna start... so  i come in here.. NOTHIN" HAPPENS... it keeps rebootin' after it shows the Windows XP thing.. with the lil loadin' bar at the bottom...

Now... My computer has a recovery system INSIDE OF IT... but for some reason... it didn't wanna work, I got into it. then it reseted again... so I used the cds that I made... the recovery... re-formatted the comp.. but since then... it's been actin' wierd...

I got a Gateway, with a media center and stuff... Windows XP SP2... or somethin' like that... need more info tell me..

Now a week before the whole thing crashed it talked about physical memory bein' dumped, the screen went blue said if this was the first time reset... so I did...

It worked for awhile... till that night...

Now I'm on it right now... and I used to be able to run ... as many programs as I wanted before it started actin' slower... Now I can barely have a messanger and the browser window open... I tried to watch a movie on Windows Media Player... it skips and freezes... like if the dvd was dirty... fine I could deal with that.. if it's the lens.. but I got some music on my computer and I play that, and it does the same... now it never did this before but now it is... the driver thing... I tried updatin' them... no luck... I tried re-formattin'... it moves a lil faster... but my physical memory is still low...

What browser do I use? Firefox... I know it takes up alot... but before it didn't matter.. Now the *censored* thing barely runs... any help?

On a side note... I had a dvd burner... and I used to back up my dvd's then all of a sudden... I was goin' to back up a copy of the movie Blow... I mean I own the original but it's FILLED WITH SCRATCHES... when I tried to burn it to a dvd.. nothin'... it don't pick up dvds no more.. it just stays green like it's readin' it... I tried blank dvd's, resetin', andd regular dvds... nothin'... it's an External DVD burner by the way...

Anyways... the DVD burner, I ain't really worried but if you got some advice for that, hit me up.... but the physical memory dump is what I'm concerned.. if it's about the physical memory FINE... I won't use firefox... but even when firefox isn't on... it still.. skips and freezes...

PLEAAAAAAASSSSSSE HELP ME...

You guys are my last hope... I went to forum to forum. and I will admit... warez forum, and so forth... asked for help and nothin'... people tell me things that I already know to do... but maybe you guys got an extra step or somethin'... if you need extra info tell me how to get it, and I'll get it for ya...

Ok thanks if you can bye

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: [HELP] PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMPIN" REPEATEDLY [HEL
    « Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 02:49:20 AM »
    Carry out each step to the letter then come back clean.

Download, install & update...
    CLEANUP
    Ccleaner
    ANTI SPYWARE
    Ad-Aware
    Spybot S&D
    Microsoft Antispyware (W2k & XP)
    ANTI VIRUS
    AVG Free (Set options to 'scan all files')
    ANTI TROJAN
    EWIDO (W2k & XP)

Turn off System Restore if applicable. (ME & XP users)

Run Ccleaner
    Run Ad-Aware
    Run Spybot
    Run Microsoft Antispyware
    Run AVG Free
    Run Ewido

Re-start in Safe Mode
    Re-run AVG Free

Re-start in Normal Mode
    Turn on System Restore if applicable. (ME & XP users)

Every step ;)

Tricksta

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 02:55:17 AM »
    Ok got all the Apps... about to get started on this... wish me luck
    « Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 03:09:43 AM by Tricksta »

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced

Tricksta

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 03:23:15 AM »
      Fed if you're awake give me some help on Ccleaner

Blackberry

Adviser
      • For those with wings, fly to your dreams.
        « Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 04:31:36 AM »
        Fed if you're awake give me some help on Ccleaner

i can give you some help if you want too :P

perhaps it would be nice if you give us the details of your os (start=>run=>type [highlight]WINVER[/highlight])
        « Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 04:33:03 AM by blackberry »
        Everybody knows you can't click here. But I know you will try it :)

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 06:31:31 AM »
        Were you regularly running any adware/spyware/virus programs? i so, what? With your computer habits and expertise you would be foolish not to. No telling what sites you and your cousin have been to, or what has been downloaded or clicked on.

Proper maintenance and safety is required with a Windows machine. Stick around and you'll learn plenty.
        « Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 11:46:22 AM by GX1_Man »

Tricksta

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 11:34:51 AM »

That's what comes up when it shows... Now I know about spywares and everythin'... I believe I had that bulletproof spyware... Uh huh, anyways... I'm runnin' everythin' like I said... everythin' seems to be runnin' better... but all the scans have brought up *censored*....

GX1_Man

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 11:48:07 AM »
        You may want to test your RAM. Free downnload at www.memtest86.com

Run for a couple of hours on each stick, then all together.

Tricksta

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 05:01:32 PM »
        I forogt if I mentioned this.... but I'm usin' Fire fox... does that matter? I know it takes alot of stuff... but still know what i mean? and that ram tester.... you think that would be it?

GX1_Man

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 05:05:41 PM »
        Well, it's free and it would rule out one factor. Sounds like it's worth it to me.... ::)

Tricksta

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 05:28:00 PM »
        Ok ok... how about Norton Anti-Virus... Shuold I install it and run it too or is it just an overrated anti-virus?

GX1_Man

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 05:30:56 PM »
        Use AVG Free. Besides free, it will not use all of your system resources to keep you safe.

You should use those other free tools that Fed posted as well. No reason not to.

Tricksta

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 05:40:45 PM »
        I did.... no doubt... but I'm just askin' is Norton really that good? or not good neough?

OooooOoo Check this, I was usin' that ewido. and I found somethin'... it was in my start up thing... it was just a blank thing.. nothin' at all.... behind it.. and it said go to the registry and I did... and it was in my registry... it looked like a lil folder it had a blank on the name, the place and the path... think that could've been it?
        « Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 06:04:22 PM by Tricksta »

GX1_Man

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2006, 06:19:28 PM »
        I personally would NEVER use Norton, and getting rid of it if you install is sometimes difficult. It tis like a virus unto itself.

You probably found one nasty, but I fear there is more at work here.
        « Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 06:20:55 PM by GX1_Man »

Tricksta

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2006, 06:21:17 PM »
        Ok no Norton... how about this? My videos... when I watch them, they freeze and skip the computer itself is runnin' more smoother... but the video still skips and freezes... even on my  Media Center.. I hooked up the cable and such with it... and well... that freezes too when I try to watch the tv.. any ideas why? and yes i ran all the programs..

GX1_Man

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2006, 06:23:19 PM »
        Reboot the machine and then go to task manager and see what is running. (Ctl-Alt-Del once you have logged on)

Tricksta

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 07:26:45 PM »
        You wanna see what's all runnin' cuz I don't know this from that... you know maybe somethin' will look familiar to ya...

GX1_Man

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 07:31:30 PM »
        If you have a lot of running processes from spyware, etc. it can slow things down as you are describing.