Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: internal speakers don't put out  (Read 8056 times)

asterose

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    internal speakers don't put out
    « on: January 02, 2019, 01:08:29 PM »

I have Windows 10 .0.17134 on an Acer  Aspire ES1-512 laptop.  When I plug in my external speakers, it functions just fine, but when I unplug them and just try to use the internal speakers, absolutely nothing comes out.  I've tried everything, including troubleshooting, disabling all sound effects, and nothing seems to work.  It doesn't make a lot of sense.  Obviously my sound card is working.  Any ideas?  Thank you for any help.

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: internal speakers don't put out
    « Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 01:37:21 PM »
    after a reboot, do the internal speakers work before plugging in the externals?
    either way, try this, double click the Volume icon in the system tray and in the window that pops up, in the top right corner, click the arrow and see what devices are available.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 01:51:40 PM »
    Also check Mixer settings via control panel and make sure nothings muted...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

ImnoGuru

Adviser
    • The wonders of modern technology.
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 01:13:47 AM »
      asterose, you could go to control panel and see if there are any yellow triangle icons in device manager, sub section, speakers/sound.

Try to do an update of the driver.

Maybe disable it or delete the sound control & reinstall same. Make a restore position before taking any action like that.

Here's a screenshot for you if your not familiar with how to get there.

I would ask someone if you decide to delete the sound & reinstall it if you are uncertain of the effect of deleting the program.

Also a little dot/checkmark in the sound properties MAY be assigned where it shouldnt. Good to check there.
      It takes 15 years to become an overnight success & Windows 10 will add another 10 years to it.