Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need help on "data error(cyclic redundancy check )  (Read 2593 times)

timsimp

need help on "data error(cyclic redundancy check )
« on: January 06, 2006, 01:46:39 AM »
i'm trying to transfer all my file from my secondary harddisk , which seem not working well to my new harddisk !!!!! cause everytime i start up it'll go into blue screen message saying that it needs a  check for file system consistency !!!!!

so , someone told me to do cut and paste !!!! but when i did the error message of " data error ( cyclic redundancy check ) " appears !!!  then some files got transfered !!! but most of them not !!!!!

so , pls someone tell me how to deal with this !!!!! and i appreciate so much ,,,thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: need help on "data error(cyclic redundancy che
    « Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 01:58:30 AM »
    timsimp  ........
    There are plenty of technical resources on the Web that discuss cyclic redundancy checks (CRCs). Most times you won't need to worry about this technobabble. That is, until one it day it suddenly appears and you think - what the *censored* does that mean? In simple terms, a CRC is bit of mathematics used to ensure that your data is OK when being transfered. It's a checking procedure that quickly identifies when data has been damaged. If you get this message, it means that the file being read by your PC or software is corrupted. However, it does not mean all the data is lost forever. When data is transfered, it is usually in small blocks and each block is given a CRC value. If something goes wrong with the data between the time it leaves the source and arrives at its destination, the CRC sent at the source will no longer match the one that is calculated when the data arrives - this is when the cyclic redundancy check error will appear.

i'm trying to transfer all my file from my secondary harddisk , which seem not working well to my new harddisk !!!!! cause everytime i start up it'll go into blue screen message saying that it needs a  check for file system consistency !!!!!
    How many hard drives are you using ?
    Are they formatted to the same file system ?

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 01:58:54 AM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

timsimp

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 02:42:56 AM »
    i got 2 hard disk !!!!! the new one which is the main harddisk (200gb)

and the second one ,,, which the one have problem ,,,is 15 gb  !!! i  believe !!

and the system file is FAT 32  !!!!!!    this hard disk i have for like years already !!! and that's why it's now with all the problems !!!!!  that's why when someone asked me to do the " chkdsk " thru " cmd "  i couldnt performed !!!! it is because  of the system file ,,, rit ????

pls ,,, help me ,,,, i know nothing !!! and i appreciate so much for ur help !!!!!!

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 06:42:43 PM »
    Timsimp:

Are you able to view the second hard drive in My Computer?  If so, try right-clicking on it and choosing Properties from the context menu.  Then, choose the Tools tab and click Check Now under Error-checking.

Doc