Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with error message  (Read 2375 times)

gnj1958

Help with error message
« on: December 31, 2005, 03:43:12 PM »
When I start my computer the first thing I get is an error message saying "CPU Fan Failed - Have system serviced immediately". It then gives me the option to press F2 and start Windows as normal which it does and everything works fine. I checked the CPU fan and it seems to be working OK. How do I get rid of the error message?

GX1_Man

Re: Help with error message
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 04:41:13 PM »
It seems to be working? I would make sure it is working FOR SURE and then check the BIOS/setup settings and the fan connectors on the motherboard. What compuere or motherboard make and model? I would suggest checking the manufacturer's web site about what specificallt this message means on THEIR equipment.

Don't burn up a processor being stubborn.

gnj1958

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 07:13:28 PM »
OK so I went to the HP website and found the error message I'm getting and followed their instructions to resolve the error message. Basically changing the "test CPU fan" bios to disabled. However, the error message is gone but now Windows won't boot up. Any ideas?

The fan is definately working. You can feel it sucking in air.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 05:55:07 PM »
There are normaly 2-4 fans in a computer.
Are you SURE that you are not thinking of the fan in the back of your computer? Or another extra cooling fan?