Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Programming without installing anything?  (Read 1901 times)

Aplam

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Programming without installing anything?
    « on: January 25, 2019, 01:44:32 AM »
    I spend a lot of time bored at work sitting on a computer (Windows) which I have no install privileges on. I would love to take a stab at automating various office tasks (especially some stuff that would involve basic SELECT queries to a database), but the only coding experience I have has all been basic MEAN stack web development. I feel like I'd be able to do it pretty easily with Node on local, but of course I can't install that.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Programming without installing anything?
    « Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 09:27:23 AM »
    First of all... at your job if you want to play around with the company data, i would get permission from your boss first so you dont get fired.

If you have free time and want to explore stuff that you cant do on your company computer then if allowed to bring your own computer to work with you and have it at your desk, you could mess around with your own computer and learn stuff. However you might want to check with your boss to make sure this is allowed so that you also dont get fired.

Lastly if you have a smart phone or a android tablet you can play around with that and an app called SoloLearn installed to it to sneak in learning time on the clock and if you get caught on your phone they would likely tell you to put your phone away instead of firing you and so you might be able to sneak in learning time while on the clock via use of a smart phone or android tablet which wouldnt stand out as unusual as a personal laptop at your desk.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 02:17:57 PM »
    Copy pasted from this Post.

They are copy pasting random threads hhere to get views- once they got enough posts they've now added a spam sig. They are a spammer and are wasting our time. Can we ban them yet?
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 04:47:51 PM »
    Thanx for the heads up....Done.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "