Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Explorer/Firefox Issue  (Read 1830 times)

phoenix_rising753

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Internet Explorer/Firefox Issue
    « on: January 07, 2006, 09:11:32 PM »
    Just recently, I have not been able to login to certain sites, such as GMail, Yahoo, or USBank. I thought I was having a problem with firefox, the error I get is "Firefox cannot establish a connection to the server at www.google.com". I switched over to IE and had the same problem, the error I get here is the usual "This page cannot be displayed". I am able to login to other sites such as myspace. I thought this might be a problem with my router but I can access and login to these sites using my laptop which is connected wirelessly. I haven't changed any settings on my desktop.

Both systems are running Windows XP Pro.

phoenix_rising753

Topic Starter

Rookie
      Re: Internet Explorer/Firefox Issue
      « Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 11:08:55 PM »
      I did a system restore which seemed to fix the problem but I would really like to know what caused it and how to fix it. Any opinions would be helpful and appreciated. [smiley=happy.gif]

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
        « Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 11:15:02 PM »
        Possible system file missing.
        Computer Hope: Rise of the Machines!

phoenix_rising753

Topic Starter

Rookie
          « Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 11:16:34 PM »
          It has been working up until today. How would the system file be missing?

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
            « Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 12:09:36 AM »
            It has been working up until today. How would the system file be missing?
            It happens ;D
            To your philosphy nothing should be damaged or stopped. But probably you have done sth made it stopped.
            Computer Hope: Rise of the Machines!