Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wireless  usb  network adapter  (Read 2363 times)

loveracin

wireless  usb  network adapter
« on: January 08, 2006, 12:48:33 AM »
 :-? i bought a dell latitude computer and dont know if it is able to handle a wireless usb network adapter so i can go wireless to get on the internet and ive researches the net till im dead and cant find any info telling me it will.  Ive been able to find that the usb port on this laptop is designed for things like a mouse, keeboard, etc       Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: wireless  usb  network adapter
    « Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 01:21:16 AM »
    loveracin  ...... Whats the model of your Dell Latitude ?  I'm guessing it's not a new machine .

Do you see a slot that looks like a telephone jack only slightly larger ?

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

GX1_Man

Re: wireless  usb  network adapter
    « Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 04:57:06 AM »
    Older latitudes (back to the CPi (Pii-400) anywat gave 1 USB slot and a PCMCIA slot, so you can either use USB (slower) or a a wireless card (no more expensice). Some do NOT have an Ethernet jack, just a cutout in the case where one would have gone, if ordered with the machine.

Again, a model # or a service tag is better. If you download Belarc Advisor (free at www.belarc.com) and run it, it will show in the top right hand of the screen all of this and much more!