Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC don't boot anymore  (Read 3415 times)

Blackberry

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • For those with wings, fly to your dreams.
    PC don't boot anymore
    « on: January 08, 2006, 08:46:09 AM »
    yesterday I installed a hardware that makes that you have four extra USB-ports (i push one in your computer and the hardware piece gives you for extra hardware ports (I can't really name it, because my english is quitte bad) and i installed the software that was on the hardware piece, and now my computer can't boot anymore.... a huge problem.... i can't even use safe modus because it stops ad the beginning screen were you can read: press "delete" for BIOS options... can somebody help me pleas
    Everybody knows you can't click here. But I know you will try it :)

GX1_Man

Re: PC don't boot anymore
    « Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 08:51:29 AM »
    Take it out and reboot. If that doesn't fix it, use system restore to go back a few days when everything worked.

Blackberry

Topic Starter

Adviser
      « Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 09:03:59 AM »
      Take it out and reboot. If that doesn't fix it, use system restore to go back a few days when everything worked.

i took it out and it don't boot either further than the start screen, i can't use system restore because i can't go furder than the first screen that comes before the screen with the "windows flag"

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 09:36:46 AM »
      ap the F8 key several times before the Windows logo. That should get you to sagfe mode where you can use the restore.

Blackberry

Topic Starter

Adviser
        « Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 11:21:47 AM »
        ap the F8 key several times before the Windows logo. That should get you to sagfe mode where you can use the restore.

i know but like i said, i can't go futher than the first screen that just shows the logo of my bios, there it seems to "stuck"

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 11:28:04 AM »
        hen you must take out the CMOS battery for 10 minutes, or clear the CMOS by a dip switch or jumper on the motherboard if present. Be sure and unplug it from wall first.

Reinsert the battery and power on. It should be reset to defaults. You may have to tweak a few things, but it should function.

Did you reseat the RAM or do any other work inside the case when in there?

Blackberry

Topic Starter

Adviser
          « Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 12:12:49 PM »
          hen you must take out the CMOS battery for 10 minutes, or clear the CMOS by a dip switch or jumper on the motherboard if present. Be sure and unplug it from wall first.

Reinsert the battery and power on. It should be reset to defaults. You may have to tweak a few things, but it should function.

Did you reseat the RAM or do any other work inside the case when in there?

wow okay, first: thanx for your help till so far! i really apreciate your help and second, i'm not such an hardware expert, sow what is the CMOS thing, and reinsert the battery do you mean that little battery on your motherbord, or the battery from the laptop... thanx in regrard

blackberry  :D

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 06:38:30 PM »
          Is the problem on a laptop? Checkyour computer manual or the manufacturer web site to find out how to reset the CMOS in that case. What make and model are we talking about?

Fed

• Sage
            • Experience: Experienced
            « Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 09:40:43 PM »
            This may or may not help but have a read and see if you can tell us at what step it stops at.
            You will probably have to re-boot it many times to figure it out.
            Have a read anyway.
            http://www.zzine.org/read.php?op=view&item=411

Blackberry

Topic Starter

Adviser
              « Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 08:43:03 AM »
              Is the problem on a laptop? Checkyour computer manual or the manufacturer web site to find out how to reset the CMOS in that case. What make and model are we talking about?

my computer isn't a laptop but you spoke from a battery, and first a thought an accu from a laptop, later i realised that you were talking about the little battery on the mother borth

GX1_Man

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 11:54:10 AM »
              That is correct - the round battery on the motherboard.

Blackberry

Topic Starter

Adviser
                « Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 08:59:30 AM »
                That is correct - the round battery on the motherboard.

(I now it's a bit long post, but i hadn't got time before to do it, till today) and wonderly... my computer booted again. I just don't understand a thing of hardware problems, but since a reputed the round battery, it works again. Thank you for all your help GX1_Man

GX1_Man

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 10:35:45 AM »
                You're welcome, Blackberry. Glad you are all fixed.  ;)