Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor display is shiffted at startup  (Read 4923 times)

Donna Luciw

Monitor display is shiffted at startup
« on: August 06, 2004, 08:50:36 AM »
 ??? We have 2 monitors within 2 days that start up with the window shiffted off to the right side of the screen and a little up from the bottom. As if it is losing the settings when shut down. I thought this was just a bad monitor but then the 2nd one with the same simptons came along, so know I think that it may be something else....virus....update....etc....

Can anyone please help me out with this??

Thanks

Joleen

Re: Monitor display is shiffted at startup
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 09:20:25 AM »
Have you looked around in your display settings?

donna13pa

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 09:30:31 AM »
Yes, None of the settings have been modified. This just started up one day on it's own. I am just wondering if there isn't a virus of some kind that may be attacking the settings in some way.

Thanks

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 09:38:21 AM »
I assume you have scanned for viruses?

If you are working in an office or area where more people use the computers, perhaps someone adjusted the monitor settings. (By using the buttons underneath the screen)

donna13pa

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 10:04:24 AM »
Yep....on real time scan and also did a manual.....No one else uses the monitor...this is in a locked office....

Thanks

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 12:35:25 PM »
Were the virus scans properly configured?

What virus scan have you used?

Are the two monitors connected to one videocard or are you talking about two different PC's?

donna13pa

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2004, 06:36:34 AM »
Symatic Corporate, they are 2 seperate computers and yes the virus protection is configured properly

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2004, 06:49:58 AM »
Are the monitors near a magnetic source? Such as, but not limited to; wireless phones, cell phones or non-magnetically shielded speakers?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 06:50:23 AM by Raptor »

donna13pa

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2004, 06:58:40 AM »
No they are not....as a matter of fact I replaced the first one thinking it was just a monitor going bad and the new one works perfect..........maybe that's all it really is but it just seems to odd that another one started doing the same thing a day or two later.....thanks for all your help so far raptor.

Donna

Raptor

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2004, 07:02:49 AM »
How old are the videocards installed? You could try replacing one. Or perhaps even clean them and then reinstall them. (Delete previous drivers and allow Windows to redetect it)

donna13pa

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2004, 07:07:52 AM »
To be honest I do not know...I have been there for 3 years and I know they are at least that old....maybe I will try that.....I have a feeling it is something fixable...

Raptor

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2004, 07:27:28 AM »
Is there no system administrator present?