Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Norton Virus  (Read 3856 times)

lovehopepeace

Norton Virus
« on: January 08, 2006, 06:56:32 PM »
Hi I installed Norton virus and now I cannot use yahoo messenger or aol messenger?  I can use msn messenger.  How can I fix this?????

GX1_Man

Re: Norton Virus
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 07:23:37 PM »
Uninstall Norton? Seriously you have to give a few details about your system - specs, operating system, any spyware/adware solutions being used. what happened prior to this, specific error messages, etc.

Kreskin is out today.

Champion_Munch

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 07:24:03 PM »
What version of Norton are you using? Are you using the Firewall that comes with the utility?

with regards

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 12:37:20 AM »
    lovehopepeace..... Open up Norton Anti virus ......and click on options ....then in the Internet section ...click instant messenger ....... then make sure you put a tick in the box in front of AOL Instant messenger and Yahoo Instant messenger ......I'll bet MSN/Windows Instant messenger is already ticked ......that should do it .......

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

lovehopepeace

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 08:05:54 PM »
    Just wanted to say thank you for your help.  I am sorry that I didn't give some of you enoguh information but

lovehopepeace..... Open up Norton Anti virus ......and click on options ....then in the Internet section ...click instant messenger ....... then make sure you put a tick in the box in front of AOL Instant messenger and Yahoo Instant messenger ......I'll bet MSN/Windows Instant messenger is already ticked ......that should do it .......

This is what I did and it worked.  Thank you so much for your help

Pcfreakske2000

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 04:05:16 AM »
    Hi all ,  

I'm new around here. Hello to you all. Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2006 !

[smiley=shocked.gif] You still  use Norton Antivirus ?  Yikes , I don't want to ever install that one again. Neither do I recommend people to use Norton or Mcafee.

Norton and Mcafee suck big time.

I use Panda Platinum Internet Security 2005 and it works well here. I use Panda for a few years now. Never had any virus since then. Used Panda Antivirus Titanium 2004 before I switched to Panda Platinum Internet Security.

At first I had some problems with it , but now I know what was causing that , the internal built-in firewall.

It all works well now. Panda also has TruPrevent Technologies aboard , which looks for suspicious behavior of software and also checks the processes.

PandaSoftware rules !!!!!

« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 04:05:55 AM by Pcfreakske2000 »

SimpleSecurity

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 08:46:15 AM »
    Norton is fine usually, in our experience.

Anyone having trouble with their existing virus program might like to try the free AVG from Grisoft. Works well for us too.

http://www.grisoft.com/doc/1

The Simple Security Team
    http://www.lulu.com/simplesecurity