Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internal Server Error  (Read 8284 times)

Betty75

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Internal Server Error
    « on: March 05, 2019, 04:41:26 AM »
    While installing question2answer forum the server gives internal error.
    I tried adding this to the beggining of the .htaccess file :

Code: [Select]
    AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
    but this did not help.
    My database is on a different server than the hosting server.
    The same settings work on localhost but fail when i try to install the forum on the server.
    Please help.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Internal Server Error
    « Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 08:43:00 AM »
    Just curious if you built a local implementation of this working on a single server first before spanning this among multiple servers to host elsewhere to know if what you have is working correctly before going to large scale distributed services among multiple and or remote servers to work together to host this?

I myself like to test what I have at a smaller scale on a single server that everything is tested on as working first before sending the database to be handled on another server etc to know that the problem if I should have one is then a handshake issue between a web host system and a remote or other server that is for database only.

So I am curious if your trying to go large scale without first testing at low scale local functionality at a single server that even that browser on that server is used to access it all internal to itself before going to a real implementation of it at a larger scale with distributed services.