Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Weird issues when computer falls asleep  (Read 2126 times)

dragontype191

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Weird issues when computer falls asleep
    « on: April 10, 2019, 11:43:01 AM »
    So before anything my computer specs are and AMD Ryzen 2600, 16 GB corsair Vengeance PRO rgb ram, Nvidia GTX 1070, 2 1TB hard drives, and a 256GB SSD, and an ASUS B450M-Plus mobo.

My computer has been acting weird since I started switching around and messing with my RAM. It runs fine when you first start it usually, but if it goes into sleep mode from sitting too long, when I start it up again the computer starts locking up shortly after login It tells me even though I'm hooked up to ethernet I have no internet and if I try using it, it will start freezing and lagging until it is just completely locked up. Only way to fix it is a hard reset and when I reset it, it still acts up so I have to power cycle it a second time because it usually doesn't boot the first I kinda suspect my motherboard may be bad. I had to do a complete reinstall of windows because I kept getting corrupted files and windows not wanting to start programs and such.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Salmon Trout

Re: Weird issues when computer falls asleep
    « Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 12:51:49 PM »
    Is the RAM on the motherboard maker's compatibility list, and is it running on standard clocks and voltages?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 01:27:09 PM »
    I'd also run memtest86 on it to see what stick or sticks are complaining about memory issues?

Curious what you were trying to achieve when playing with the RAM? Which then started the failures.

Also under power properties in control panel you can change the system to not go to sleep when idle and see if it behaves if it is never put into sleep mode.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 01:29:40 PM »
    After messing with RAM maybe make sure it is seated properly? With the AC power disconnected!