Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: not all links loading  (Read 3181 times)

cfnyy51

not all links loading
« on: February 02, 2006, 03:39:09 PM »
Hello all.  Thanks for taking the time to read this.  A few months ago, I encountered a problem with my IE.  When I go to some websites, not all the links load properly.  I am not sure if this is considered a frames problem.  I'll give you an example of my problem.  FYI, I installed Firefox and have been running it since then.  The only reason I've tried to fix the problem is I need IE to view my university's online registration/academic systems.  So let me get to to the example:

If you go to the website www.adelphi.edu, naturally their home page is opened.  My problem is here.  Do you see the horizontal frame(?) of links, including "Prospective Students", "Current Students", etc.? And beneath it there is "About", "Academics", Administration, Admission, etc.  

Well, this all loads properly on firefox.  However, on IE, several of the links do not appear.  Instead, there are just gaps between links.  It is not like I can click on the gap with it being the link.  

When I log on to their system, the same problem occurs.  There are links on their academic system that are necessary for me to do what I need to do.

If anyone has any solutions, please let me know.  I consider myself an intermediately skilled person with computers, if it's any use to you.  Thanks again for reading this.

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: not all links loading
    « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 09:55:41 PM »
    It works for me on IE, is your IE fully uptodate?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 10:26:23 PM »
      cfnyy51.....  You never mentioned what O/S your using ......... And have you tried re downloading IE 6 ......
      I am not sure if this is considered a frames problem.
      Why do you think its a frame issue ?

dl65  ::)

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 10:23:13 PM »
      What dl65 said.  No frames on that page at all.  The links you refer to are just images - perhaps your IE isn't loading all the images.  Try right-clicking where the image should be a choosing "show picture".

Definitely consider upgrading IE, and then if you're absolutely sure you need IE, install SlimBrowser and use that instead.
      Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos