Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Yep, I need help again!  (Read 2718 times)

Nuff_Said

Yep, I need help again!
« on: August 07, 2004, 11:25:25 AM »
I have these mail in rebate forms that I want to get out today. Anyways, one form ask me for my computers Model #. I read that I could find it on the back of my computer but I have looked and looked and cant find anything that says MODEL #.

I'm looking at the back of my computer and I'm wondering if what I'm looking for actually says Model Number or if it says something different and is actually the model. Like I say something called the Product Key with alot of numbers folllowing that. But I'm not sure.

If anyone could help me by telling me what to look for and where to locate it that would be great. I would really like to get these rebates off in the mail today.

2k dummy

Re: Yep, I need help again!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 12:46:26 PM »
What kind of computer do you have?

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 02:12:43 PM »
What kind of model number? You will not find much on the back of your computer. Unless, it has been built for you by a company such as Dell. In which case I am not sure wheter you will find the Computer model number.

I suggest you search through any avaible paperwork that belongs to your computer.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 02:10:37 PM »
the product  key is for windows.....have a look if you can inside the case..it maybe stamped on the metal casing also  a sticker maybe also found there...or look for the serial number has some pc makers may use this instead?