Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Thinkpad E580 Bluish Display  (Read 1985 times)

ahmedattia

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Thinkpad E580 Bluish Display
    « on: March 26, 2019, 01:05:09 PM »
    I purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad E580 i7-855u, which came with a 1TB HDD and 8 GB RAM. Upon purchase, I had the seller put in another 8GB RAM and a 512 GB SSD (on which he reinstalled Windows 10 Pro). I have attached some relevant details about the GPU and other details.

The vendor assured me that all additions are compatible.

Now, ever since I bought it, the display has had a bluish tint, which causes me a lot of eyestrain and irritation, making it very difficult to look at the screen for more than a few minutes. I have made sure that Windows is up to date and have updated all drivers. I knew before purchasing that it wouldn't have the best displays (it's only 1366x768), but since my work is mostly confined to Excel and programming, I didn't mind. But the bluish tint and overall quality is so low that I can't even do that. I have tried adjusting brightness, hue, saturation, contrast, etc but to no avail.

I am wondering whether there's something fishy about the details I have attached, and what may be possible causes of the bluish display.

Thank you.

ahmedattia

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Thinkpad E580 Bluish Display
      « Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 01:09:30 PM »
      This may also be helpful.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 04:44:04 PM »
      Was the Windows 10 the copy supplied with the Laptop . I.E if you go to programs and see if there is the Lenovo  and Lenovo think vantage program groups. If they are there it is most likely a Lenovo copy of windows which is good. If they are not there then it is likely a generic windows which is not so good.
      If it is the original copy it is better to use the Lenovo driver update tool and their drivers than ones you find on the internet
      Also if you can see if a monitor plugged in has the blue tint. If it does then it is most likely the windows setup, if not it is most likely the laptop display panel.
      You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 05:22:37 PM »
      Tried another monitor ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "