Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Front Page 2000  (Read 3065 times)

estatebroker

Front Page 2000
« on: January 13, 2006, 11:31:59 AM »
Hello, I'm using Front Page 2000 to edit my websites and I've met serious and very annoying problems.
1)EVERY time I'm reopening my websites to continue yesterday's work all pictures are moved into a huge pile somewhere in the site and most lines are broken.
2) Another question is: Is it possible and adviseable to link from a Front page 2000 startsite to several Word documents and vice versa?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Front Page 2000
    « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 04:06:02 PM »
     estatebroker..... Is it possible to take a screen shot of whats happening and post it here so we can see ......
    EVERY time I'm reopening my websites to continue yesterday's work all pictures are moved into a huge pile somewhere in the site and most lines are broken.
     pics into a huge pile ? ....... most lines broken ? Please explain .

Another question is: Is it possible and adviseable to link from a Front page 2000 startsite to several Word documents and vice versa?
    Do you have the Word doc saved in the root directory as a htm or is it posted somewhere on the net .... ( if thats the case ....it should have a address that you can link to )

Are you doing your editing on-line or off-line?

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 04:07:34 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

estatebroker

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 11:14:17 AM »
    Hello dl65 and thanks for Your help. As I'm fairly new to computing I don't know how to take a screen shot.
    I've tried to edit all my coming websites in Front Page 2000 but after all troubles I've thought of doing just the start site in FP 2000 and from that site link to Word. docs.
    You're talking about naming these Word docs. Do You mean I should name them a full URL name or....?
    Have I got it right when assuming I should name my wor docs. http://www. AND SO ON with something I really don't know.
    I'm sorry to say but I really don't know what a root directory is.
    Until know I've saved all docs. with just recognizable names NO URL:s.
    Please, enlighten me.
    I've taken it for granted that I'm off line when editing in either FP 2000 or Word but, as You understand, I'm a newbie.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 11:51:10 AM »
       estatebroker.......  I will post several screen shots of a website which I maintain and perhaps you will get a better idea ........ of the terms.......
      I have to open it up and take the pics so I'll be a few minutes .

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 12:09:15 PM »
        estatebroker.... this may give you a better idea of what I'm talking about .......

First thing I would do is open the website in your browser ..... I am using Internet explorer ......... then up in the standard toolbar .....if you have Frontpage installed there should be a icon ...... to the right of the printer icon .... ( a little square with a small arrow in it ) put the mouse on it and it will say EDIT ........ So with your webpage open that you want to edit ........ click on the edit icon ....and you should get this sign in box........

« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 12:10:51 PM by dl65 »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 12:11:50 PM »
           estatebroker.... Are you with me so far ?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 12:16:31 PM »
            estatebroker.......  Now you sign in with your username and password and you should see something like this ...........

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 12:24:47 PM »
              estatebroker..... What you are looking at now is the complete contents of this website , which I have just d/l from the server.....
              The area on the right is showing which pages I have available for editing ....the one currently open is called the INDEX.HTML
              Now if you look over to the left , you will see a lot of files .......... in the area called Folder list......  ( this is what I'm refering to as the root directory.)

Still with me .......

Now then , when you prepare a image or a document to put into your webpage tell me how you are doing it .
              Lets use a image as an example .....

dl65