Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: lap tops and lcd monitor/tv-HELP PLEEEASE!!!  (Read 2120 times)

dannycash

lap tops and lcd monitor/tv-HELP PLEEEASE!!!
« on: January 12, 2006, 10:28:27 AM »
i have a logic lcd monitor/tv which i have used on my desk top pc, it worked ok on 640 x 420.

i have recently aquired a laptop that is faster, but has no screen. as i live in a v small room i decided to link the two up. but i cant get the screen to work properly. iv hooked the the lap top up to an crt monitor and it works fine.

i then suspected that it was a problem my peticular lt so i tried another and got exactly the same problem.

this is what i know

desk top + lcd= fine
lap top+crt= fine

lap top +lcd= about 2" of black down left hand side and about 3" of the bottom lost and icon names hard to make out, it also looks very pixally

Now it seems to me that lap tops are missing some thing that desk tops have in the desplay options,

Am i right? ifso then what is it and where can i find it ? If not then what should i do?

dannycash

Re: lap tops and lcd monitor/tv-HELP PLEEEASE!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 10:29:35 AM »
i have a logic lcd monitor/tv which i have used on my desk top pc, it worked ok on 640 x 420.

i have recently aquired a laptop that is faster, but has no screen. as i live in a v small room i decided to link the two up. but i cant get the screen to work properly. iv hooked the the lap top up to an crt monitor and it works fine.

i then suspected that it was a problem my peticular lt so i tried another and got exactly the same problem.

this is what i know

desk top + lcd= fine
lap top+crt= fine

lap top +lcd= about 2" of black down left hand side and about 3" of the bottom lost and icon names hard to make out, it also looks very pixally

Now it seems to me that lap tops are missing some thing that desk tops have in the desplay options,

Am i right? ifso then what is it and where can i find it ? If not then what should i do?

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 10:38:09 AM »
What is the resolutionn that the laptop is trying to display on the screen? Try 1024 x 768 annd see what happens. It tmay be that the resolution that the laptop requires canno be tolerated on the LCD. Some laptops that can display 640 x 480 look terrible onn that LCD as well. All you can do is trial and error.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 10:40:28 AM by GX1_Man »

dannycash

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 10:57:05 AM »
na still looks the same, its like the whole picture needs to move over to the left it wont go any further on the monitors adjustment

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 12:13:11 PM »
I think there is no good solution to this one then.