Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to solve " USB device not recognized "error?  (Read 2110 times)

tuped

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    How to solve " USB device not recognized "error?
    « on: April 11, 2019, 09:31:22 PM »
    Every time I insert a USB device, it comes up with the message:" USB device not recognized ". Any solutions? I have tried switching places for USB for the headset I have including the charger but the error remained. :(

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: How to solve " USB device not recognized "error?
    « Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 01:26:14 PM »
    What device is this?

Usually this only happens to older USB devices where you need to install the software first and then connect the device to make it work. Some printers for example require you to install the software for the printer first and during this process they state do not connect the printer to USB connection until told to do so by the installation software. Older Digital Camera's also face this issue.

If its a Smart Phone that your trying to gain access to it through a PC, you would need software that supports the handshake between PC and Smart Phone for that specific model. I ran into this message when trying to get my laptop tether connected via USB to my LG Smart phone to get internet through 3G Internet connection but gave up on this when it was a never ending headache and very limited documentation out there for my smart phone. Basically its a Tracfone smart phone that the phone was manufactured to only ever be a smart phone with Tracfone service but not offer a shared internet connection with 3G network.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 01:43:19 PM »
    Go to Control Panel/Device Manager...expand all instances of USB roots and hubs...right clik each one and select remove/Delete...you will recieve a warning...ignore it.

Upon re-boot all instances will be automatically re-installed and should work fine afterwards...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

maxyvuco

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 08:11:38 PM »
      You can also try to find it on your Disk Management, press Win Key + R and type Diskmgmt.msc, check whether you can find the USB device there.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 05:22:45 PM »
      Select Start, then type device manager in the Search box, and then select Device Manager.
      Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Press and hold (or right-click) a device and select Uninstall. ...
      Once complete, restart your computer. Your USB controllers will automatically install.

This was already stated above  ^^^
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "