Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help! No beeps no display on monitor  (Read 2187 times)

Snake

Help! No beeps no display on monitor
« on: January 13, 2006, 08:18:43 PM »
Alright so a replacement for my dvd burner came today at the time I shutdown the PC and removed everything now I didn't do this on a carpet though I did it on a certain chair with some type of material I can't figure it though I don't know if it was the cause of the problem now I opened up the sidecase and removed the dvd drive and replaced it with the dvd burner I just got now I sealed everything back together and power up the PC now I see no display on screen but I hear one long beep I figured it might have been a video failure cause the power for the PC was on and I could hear the PC's fans turn on so I removed everything again and removed the videocard and reseated it now resealed everything and turned on the PC now I get no display nor do I get any beeps anymore this time I was working on a table this is really irratating the PC was working just fine earlier until I messed with replacing the drive could someone lend a hand on this problem

GX1_Man

Re: Help! No beeps no display on monitor
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 08:29:38 PM »
Check the beep codes for your motherboard or computer manufacturer. They mean somethinnng and will point you in the right direction to solve this. You didn't say what kinnd of machine, so look it up:

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

I don't think fabric or ESD had anything to do with the problem. Is the drive jumpered correctly? Did you touch anything else?

Snake

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 08:46:07 PM »
Problem seems to be fixed though my WinXP seemed kinda sluggish when I turned it back on though I powered it down and it's working fine now though I haven't gave power to the dvd burner yet so problem fixed  ;D

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 09:02:37 PM »
Good deal then. Glad you are up and running.  ;)